Active Ireland Website
Active Retirement Ireland is a national network of over 500 local Active Retirement Associations with over 23,000 members.
- Customer: Active Ireland Website
- Project Type: Web
- Release Date:
- Delivered: Website Design, Content Management System, Custom Backend, PHP, HTML5/CSS3, MySQL
We have been working with Active Ireland for over 8 years and the most recent website we developed for them was in 2009. The focus of Active Ireland had shifted and the new website development needed to reflect the new culture of the organisation.
Active Retirement Ireland is a national network of over 500 local Active Retirement Associations with over 23,000 members. ARI believes that older people have the right to be full and participative members of our society. ARI combats ageism through the reality and everyday work of the self-organised local associations and the regional councils. ARI has a large voluntary base with local, regional and national voluntary committees.
The purpose of Active Retirement Ireland is to enable retired people to enjoy a full and active life and to advocate for them. The website development has been created with these objective as our guide to creating a real resource and communication tool to facilitate these endeavours.
New Website design focus
Firstly the website design needed to clearly focus on the objectives of the organisation and create a relevant and timely information resource. Specifically to:
- Clearly outlining what active Ireland is and does
- Clear navigation in a new design style with easy to view and read buttons for the olfer userProviding a clear visual map of Ireland where the user can easily click into a region in Ireland and find their local group.
- Giving visitors an immediate feel for, insight into the nature of the organisation by rotating images from the Active Ireland Activitty Gallery
- New and updates - these where divided and displayed on the homepage into more user-friendly categories i.e.
Active Irl News
- A web application tool allowing each of the 500 local Active Retirement Associations setup and mange their own local website.
Website Development Results
The website was very well received and continues to be well used as a source of information and works as an effective communcation tool for the members.
Have a project in mind?
You can either fill in the contact form or give us a call.
We are happy to help!